The best teachers are those who know there is always something to learn and therefore to be found
All the teachers at Language Point are qualified native speakers with recognized teaching qualifications and extensive experience in the field of language teaching. Combined with the fact that they regularly attend seminars, workshops and refresher courses to keep them up-to-date with what's new in the field of language teaching, making them Language Point's strong point.
Our teachers come from a number of foreign countries, in particular from the countries whose languages we offer at our centre: The United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Germany, Spain, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, China, Japan and Egypt. Many of them have already lived and worked abroad and have gained valuable insight into different cultures and customs, thus making their rapport with the students instant and spontaneous. They immediately put their students at ease and are capable of enriching the lessons not only with linguistic input but also cultural matters.
Language Point's carefully selected teachers have made Language Point's teaching approach their own and are committed to providing a dynamic foreign language learning process. Using this approach the teachers are able to guide the students in their preparation for many of the internationally recognized exams - Cambridge ESOL Exams, Business English Certificates, Exams for Young Learners, Toefl, Exams for the Goethe Institut of German language, D.E.L.E. exams for the Spanish language, Delf and Dalf for the French language, etc.
The professional profile of every language Point teacher is based on precise skills in the following areas:
- Professional values that are put into practice
- Knowledge and understanding
- The teaching covers four aspects:
1. planning, expectations and objectives,
2. teaching strategies,
3. guidance and evaluation,
4. the management and integration of students in the class.
A Language Point teacher pays careful attention to the orientation process and to providing personalized programmes for their students. To ensure the students requirements are fully met and for the teacher to be able to intervene in an appropriate manner, the progress of all our students and courses is monitored closely by both the class teacher and the Director of Studies.
A Language Point teacher knows how to:
- create a relaxed atmosphere that motivates and involves all the students without them being afraid to make mistakes;
- recognize and optimize the language skills of every student;
- plan specific paths of study suitable to the student's needs and final objectives;
- evaluate their own teaching and their students language skills;
- monitor the learning process and intervene with targeted actions;
- make use of multi-sensorial and multimedia strategies in order to maximise the learning process;
- reflect on the universal aspects of the language and culture.